Chillin' ...like chilled water in a bottle

In any sport, hydration is important.  This is critical in endurance sports and triathlons (Ironman or not).  Some people prefer sports drinks but I generally stick to regular water.  It's worked for humans for a millenium, so it must be doing something right.

The humble water bottle may not be much more than an after-thought to most people, and it certainly was not much more to me for most of my life.  Until one fateful day when I came across the Camelbak Podium Chill Bottle.  There no plastic-y taste and the bottle is advertised as having an "insulating layer" to keep your drinks refreshingly chilled, to which I can happily attest works.  It's even surprised my friends, who grabbed my bottle expecting a quick splash of warm water but got a surprising and very welcomed splash of cold water instead.  It always comes out with my bike and is in my gear bag when I head out for a training swim or run.

As an added bonus, there are some people who can't grasp how a plastic water bottle works. You open the spout, then squeeze for water.  Then you close the spout.  Some folks will squeeze too hard and hilarity will ensue. 

0 comments :: Chillin' ...like chilled water in a bottle

Post a Comment