Basic Gear. Kinda Boring but Totally Necessary.

Many days I am working out twice a day now, with some combination of running, swimming, cycling and strength training.  All of that adds of to lots of time sweating and going through a lot of work-out clothes.  I'm not above re-wearing items without washing, afterall, I'm just going to sweat in it again, right?  As long as it's not so stinky that I gag!  Maybe one day soon I'll wash everything after one use. But one step at a time, ok? I'm already showering daily!

Luckily, I've accumulated a fair amount of 'tech shirts' from swag bags given out at various event - triathlons and different running events.  On top of that I also have some Under Armour gear which I absolutely love.  I always check the Under Armour Outlet site to see what's on sale and try to get in on their free shipping deals.  Usually their items will be $5-10 off retail price, but not much better than that.  Most big box retailers don't discount Under Armour gear.

But another item that I am running through very quickly are socks.  Not often give much of a second thought, they're actually quite important, especially given the miles I'm putting in (and will be putting in).  A few years ago I was introduced to Feetures socks and haven't worn anything else for working out since.  Just read some of the reviews on Amazon - they are incredible! It's like the Cult of Feetures.  Seems like most running store staffers and enthusiastic runners love Feetures and once they get a pair, there's no going back. 

Prior to triathlon training, the six pairs I have (well, now it's 5 1/2 pairs... the laundry monster ate one sock) were more than enough to get me from one laundry day to the next.  Not so much anymore if I want clean socks all the time (so high maintenance).

Definitely on the expensive side, but so worth it.

0 comments :: Basic Gear. Kinda Boring but Totally Necessary.

Post a Comment