Achievement Unlocked: Warmth in the Wetsuit

The new wetsuit: 2XU R:2 Race Wetsuit
Recently I purchased a new wetsuit, the 2XU R:2 Racing Wetsuit, it being a "mid-level" wetsuit and supposedly a big step up from my "entry-level" wetsuit I had purchased two years ago.  The new wetsuit has a few neat features that is supposed to help me slip through the water.  Neat honeycomb 3D "catch panels" on the forearms and water channels down the chest for better water flow.

It made its race debut at the Alcatraz Challenge this past weekend.  As I mentioned in the earlier post, we had to suit up and then take a ferry over to Alcatraz, where we jumped into the bay.  During the boat ride, I received many compliments on my new suit, and it made me feel very fancy and special.  It's a big more snug than my older wetsuit, but that may just be because the older one has stretched a little bit.  An issue I've had with the older wetsuit is chafing at the back of my neck, which I've found anti-chafing cream to help tremendously.  I applied it liberally to myself, all over my neck.
 
 
But more importantly, I finally achieved what once seemed unachievable at the race last weekend.  Sure, I swam from Alcatraz. But I also finally peed while swimming! And I'm not talking about just standing there and peeing in my wetsuit while in the water. I mean moving along at race pace and peeing while I swim!  I know swimmers do this all the time and it's no big deal at all - but for the longest time I had to stop everything to pee.  This time, I happily swam while peeing. It was a glorious and very warm few moments.

Achievement unlocked!

There are two types of surfers. Those who pee in their wetsuits and those who lie about not peeing in their wetsuits. Applies to triathletes too!  I pee in all of my wetsuits (don't forget that when you ask to borrow one).

0 comments :: Achievement Unlocked: Warmth in the Wetsuit

Post a Comment