Gear! Because a Little More Carbon is Always Good

Recently, I purchased a new pair of running shoes.  The running store folks told me to go a half size up, because the front of my toes were rubbing the front of the shoes, which may have attributed to knee pains.

Similarly, my cycling shoes are also snug around the front of my feet.  This past weekend, I did a 112 bike ride that left a few of my toenails quite tender, likely because I'm pushing up with them on the shoe. My toes also are snug to the front of the cycling shoes.  Although I'm not sure if it is related, the muscles at the back of my right knee seems to be very tight.  I figured similarly to my running shoes, I may need to upsize my cycling shoes.

My current cycling shoes are "normal cycling" shoes, with three velcro straps.  This time around, I'm buying "triathlon" cycling shoes - made to be easier to take on and off during transition and while moving on the bicycle.

For the Louis Garneau Tri-Lite triathlon cycling shoe, that means one fat velcro strap.  Going a half size up will also provide extra room for my toes.  Another reason I chose this shoe was for extra ventilation.  Most of the top of the shoe is mesh material, unlike my current shoe which, when compared to this shoe, has limited ventilation.  Can't wait to try these on the bike.







0 comments :: Gear! Because a Little More Carbon is Always Good

Post a Comment