30 Days

Only thirty days until Ironman Arizona.  Exactly one month away.

What a scary thought.  Luckily, I have a recording of Kona 2011 still ready to be watched on my TV in case I need an extra boost or a bit of inspiration.  It doesn't look like Kona 2012 will be aired on TV until December, so I won't be able to watch the most recent Kona Ironman until after my own Ironman.

Heading to Arizona this weekend to do a "course preview" which will help come race day.  Knowing the bike course during the Bonellie Olympic Distance Triathlon proved helpful, both mentally and physically.  I've already ridden the Arizona bike course back in March, and will do it again on Saturday.  Sunday will be a run on the course.

As scary as having the Ironman only one month away is... I have to admit, I browsed the Ironman website a bit this morning, and noticed a few Ironman races in very interesting locations that still have open registration: the most interesting being Los Cabos, Mexico on March 17, 2013 or Nice, France on June 23, 2013, though Nice would conflict with dragon boating.  Or what about Whistler, British Columbia, on August 25, 2013?  Can I seriously be considering another Ironman?  Would Iron Sherpa kill me?



0 comments :: 30 Days

Post a Comment