Dispatch from Tempe: Ironman's Eve

As Iron Sherpa said this morning, "Happy Ironman's Eve!"

Final day before Ironman Arizona.  A time for relaxation, reflection and final preparation.  Seems like there's a whole lot of preparation going on.


Today I turn in my bike and my transition gear bags.  On the morning of the race, I'll turn in my "Special Needs" bags, which I can access at a certain point on the bike and on the run.

Each transition bag has been meticulously prepared by Iron Sherpa - she's read up on the athlete guide, did her research, talked to my coach, and knows my personal preferences.  Of course I take a look at what we're putting into the bags too, but she's gotten it handled.

The hardest part of the day?  Probably trying getting a good night's rest.

0 comments :: Dispatch from Tempe: Ironman's Eve

Post a Comment