ARB Awning Installation

One of the most enjoyable parts of any trip is being able to relax at base camp.  Mostly this means a camp fire at night and perhaps a bit of alcohol.  But on days we set up camp before the sun goes down, some shade is a nice luxury to have.  This is where the ARB Awning comes in handy.  Since the roof rack is a custom unit, a custom solution was needed for the awning.


I purchased the mid-sized 2000 model, which is so called because it is 2000mm wide (~80").  This pretty much runs the entire length of my roof.  There is also the larger 2500 model and the smaller 1250 model.  The 1250 model is interesting because it is small enough to mount to the rear of the vehicle, instead of the side.

To mount to the roof rack, I purchased a few very nice looking modular awning mounts from FourTreks.  Installation was quick and easy, though definitely a two-person job.  The website advises two mounts if you are running the 2000 or 1250 models, and three if you are running the 2500 model.  Just to be on the safe side, I ordered three; however, truth be told, now that I have received and installed them, I am convinced two is all that I need.

Both are great products, highly recommended.

0 comments :: ARB Awning Installation

Post a Comment